Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lou Yeager Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lou Yeager Lake

Hi,

Me and Kincade from the board did some fishing at Lou Yeager today...We did pretty good but we caught a lot of dinks....Kincade did catch two nice size crappie...I think both measuring at 12 inches...The rest of crappie we caught where about 7-8 inches....We had a pretty good time....Caught most all of them on shiners/rosie reds and some on tube jigs..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

I am going this friday. I fish lay downs in deeper water. Start out on the ends and work your way in untill you find them. I usualy fish 4 to 6 ft. in 10 to 15 ft of water. I start out with minnows then when water warms i use jigs. How warm was water? Once i start fishing litchfield, i will fish it all spring. I have never fished lillypads. I will let you how i did. Did fish coffeen sunday. Caught 12 big ones 11 to 13"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slab,

What's up?...I am doing good....We caught most of our fish in 4-7 ft of water around fallen trees....We talked to a gentleman at the lake who was fishing for crappie...He told us he catches a lot at this lake but one out every ten is pretty good fish...A lot of dinks...The water temp was around 56-57 degrees....The north end of the lake was really muddy...I assume that was caused by the two creeks that run into the lake...No we haven't been back to Coffeen lake....I read the fishing report in the St.Louis Dispatch last week..It said the crappie where biting in 10-14 ft of water....I think?....I want to hit Coffeen again sometime soon...Thanks for all the info Slab..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slab,

What kind of depth did you catch the crappie in at Coffeen?.....

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Hey jcd, Fished coffeen about 4 ft. deep. Used minnows. Fished lake from boat ramp to the trestle. Main lake about 62 to 65 deg. Tried other end no good. Can't wait to fish Litchfield. Working graveyard shift this week, will be ready to go friday morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slab,

Is that 4ft of water in a certain depth or just 4ft of water?....I might hit coffeen this weekend?....I hope to get into some nice ones...Let me know how you do at Lou Yeager..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Take Care
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Whats up JCD. That would be 4 ft. deep in about 8 to 10 ft of water. By this weekend should be able to fish shallower. About this time last year we put in on the north ramp. We caught a lot of 10 to 11" fishing weed clumps. No monsters but quantity is good for the freezer! My post time is off by 3 hours. Should read 10:28 am
    Last edited by slab asasn; 04-12-2006 at 08:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slab,

What's up?...I am doing good...Thanks for the info....So, if I went to Coffeen this Sunday?...I should probably drop in at the far northern ramp and fish this section of the lake near the coontails?....

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

That's a hard call JCD. Might want to flip a coin. If you go real early, put in at main ramp. Fish north end of lake. See whats happening. It should be good. If not pull out and put in on north ramp. I have done it many times. Hard to find lay downs on that end but they are there. There are big slabs on that end. Good luck, talk to you sat. or sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slab Asasn,

What's up?...I am curious how did you Friday at Lou Yeager?....I hope to make it to Coffeen Sunday or Monday morning..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye