Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time to Truman Bucksaw area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time to Truman Bucksaw area.

First post so I hope it goes well. A few of us first timers to truman had a hard time getting bit only caught 14 keepers over 2 days. Did not feel too bad when most of the other boats coming in only had a few. But we had a good time and liked the bucksaw area. Hope to do better on a return trip sometime. Guides at bucksaw related poor fishing to lake turning over.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board, with the lake turning over in certain areas the bite can be very tough, glad you liked the area, it will get better once the lake turns over and the water cools down some more...... congrats on the catch........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw is a great place to start for sure. The marina staff and guides are all great people and willing help out on and off the water. Great fishing both directions but down river is usually better for numbers of fish and up is better for size. Stick around here for a while and you will learn a lot about Truman and the Bucksaw area. We will be having a tournament this weekend at Bucksaw. If you are close to the area swing by the pavilion around 2:45-3:00 for the weigh in. Everyone has to be back by 3:30. The winning teams will tell how the caught their fish. So it is a great way to learn how the better fish were caught. Free info. so come on by. Welcome to the site.

Post Thanks / Like

The people on here will help you every way possible,and Jiggin15 is right,the winners have to give up how it was done so come on by Sat. ,you won't be sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board!! I just joined a month ago and have met SEVERAL GREAT people and have learned a bunch about the upper Grand! Hope to see you Saturday at the weigh in!
    Life is a game................ Fishin is SERIOUS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. Hey, you did bettern me.....I caught zero over the past couple of day.......been widdlin away at the honey-do, hope to finish up our current project in the next day or two and start fishing again.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya caught few and welcome to the boardThumbs Up
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. When I joined a couple years ago, I knew absolutely zero about the best ways to fish for crappie and where. Don't be afraid to ask questions; the folks on here will give you valuable info on where to go on Truman and other lakes and the proper technique. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Never been there myself, its kind of out of the way and takes longer to get there than on the east side of the lake. Will have to try it at least once, but its going to during good fishing times, since it is so much further out from me. Or camp there for the weekend to make it worth while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast