Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville on Saturday the 15th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville on Saturday the 15th

Went with my cousin who was in town. Was his first time crappie fishing.

I remember reading about the bridge up by the free ramp last year and how good Cook was doing at the time, so I thought we'd try up there. It wasn't fast or furious, but we caught 9 (only one short fish). The 8 keepers were all between 9½" and 10½". Minnows outfished jigs. They were all 5' down in 7-10 fow. Only a couple really smacked it. The rest were a real soft bite. They also liked it moving, so we slow trolled minnows and jigs into the wind and drifted back. The wind wasn't really all that bad compared to earlier days in the week. Until you got right under the bridge and it just funnelled all the wind.

The weather was flippin' amazing. Great day. And I was glad to get out with my cousin for the first time. Had a lot of fun. The fish were just a bonus!

(And I left some room for improvement the next time he comes through town!!)

Anyway, this board needed another Smithville report, so...I thought I'd serve one up.

But...it's not on LOZ area. This just looks like where the lion's share of the posts went.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Joe! Thanks for the report and glad you guys had a good time, the weather was awesome! Rhill and I were not able to get out this weekend but hopefully will next and will report.
    Scott - KC Northland

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Job Joe!!! I bet it wont be your cousin's last crappie fishing trip!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job and the weather was great this weekend. Looks like this week the weather is going to get cold. Chance of frost here.

Post Thanks / Like

fine job joedog.its always fun gettin a newbie on fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Atta way Joe, fun report. Monty and I were just discussing recently who took us crappie fishing the first time, trouble is we're so old neither of us could remember. Oops, I live close to Truman, can I post here? :D

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Sounds like you two had a great day.......glad you did. Congrats on the catch.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazualobzerver View Post
    Atta way Joe, fun report. Monty and I were just discussing recently who took us crappie fishing the first time, trouble is we're so old neither of us could remember. Oops, I live close to "deleted", can I post here? :D
    Fixed it for you, Steve.
    You can post here but you can't be using that kind of language.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

tru-MAN! tru-MAN!Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

great report joe! sound's like a fun day! get up to bethany if you would and give me a report, lol... billy bob you crack me up
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast