Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: upper pomme crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default upper pomme crappie

Long time viewer,first time poster (problems signing on). I've been fishing the upper pomme arm of Truman for the last three weeks off and on. Had good luck on jigs,white or clear sparkle, tipped with a minnow. Very few shorts- most from 9.5- 10.5 with some larger. Fish were on steep,but not bluff, banks with ledge rock. Did not have to be in brush. Also found some on gentleer banks that had a short drop off. Key was depth, 16-22' depending on day. Trolled very slowly right on the bottom and trying to keep line verticle. Used large split shot to help keep position. Almost all the fish were black crappie, some days all of them were. I'm wondering- do the black crappie relate more to the bottom and ledges than white crappie? Any thoughts?

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. I don't get to fish Truman much but I have found that most of the time, black crappie will relate to some kind of structure while white crappie while roam open water more. That being said, crappie don't always follow the rules. That's part of the fun of trying to figure them out. Lol

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Mo board...that end of the lake sure is paradiseThumbs Up
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Concrats on a great day on the water. Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the site, great post, see a few post from the pomm arm of the lake, never fished it but sounds like you got a handle on it, congrats on the day, and many more to you

Post Thanks / Like

sorry guys,made a mistake in termanology- I meant the lower pomme arm- closer to the Osage arm

Post Thanks / Like

I was about to ask what boat were you in cause I'm fishing the upper end doing the same thing and there isn't to many people up there.It seems the blacks are turning on this year.Congrats on the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome......hope you enjoy the site. Good report.....and congrats on a good day.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard blacks hang around rocks alot moore than they do brush for some reason. I dont know why. What area do you put in at on the upper Pomme arm. AVery? or further up river?

Post Thanks / Like

Either Fairfield, Osage bluff, or the non-corps access off Mockingbird rd. depending on wind direction. It's more the lower Pomme I'm fishing, although I intend to try the upper off Sapps landing next time I go,especially if the wind is strong out of the north or west