Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with traxxis motor comments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with traxxis motor comments

Anyone else having problems with there traxxis. The 5/3 tiller handle got very hard to turn and extend?
    Took it back to bps and they replaced the entire motor with a new one in the box. Marine dept told me that some spring come loose and cause's that problem???

Post Thanks / Like

My current Traxxis 45 has no problems with the tiller.

The first one that Amazon sent me 1) didn't work in reverse; probably a bad solder on the circuit board and 2) the tiller was near impossible to put in a raised or lowered position; it extended and retracted fine, and rotated fine, but to move it up or down I thought I was going to break it. I returned it to Amazon and they sent me a new one FedEx next day delivery. The replacement motor has been fine on all counts.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.fish307.com/mk_parts/2010/traxxis%2040.pdf

Minn Kota Trolling Motors Parts Manuals - 2010

rocket, look at the top link. i picked the 40 lb traxxis not knowing which you have. look at part 395 and 400 in the handle. that may be the spring, 395, the man was talking about. if it came out then the part, 400, could be locking up the handle. should be a simple fix using the drawing.

the second link is the page i picked the motor from. if yours is different then pick a different thrust motor but i'd bet they will all be the same as the link above.

and stand on the bale. it will eventually sink with you on it.

Post Thanks / Like

do you have a 445sc or variable

Post Thanks / Like

I just replace a 70lb var speed model with an I-pilot....never had a prob with the handle or any thing else for that matter, was a great motor.....just couldnt get used to the tiller handle setup....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    do you have a 445sc or variable
    \

I'm guessing that his reference to "5/3 tiller handle" means it's the non-variable version...if "5/3" means 5 Forward/3 Reverse.

Post Thanks / Like

right 5/3 is not the variable speed version, any comments?????

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the schematic at http://www.fish307.com/mk_parts/2010/traxxis%2040.pdf I'm betting it was part #395 and/or #400. Those are the release button and the release button tension spring. The release button on my first Traxxis 45 (variable) was frozen solid; I'm guessing yours was completely loose in the housing...and that either the spring or the button (or both) got in the way of the tiller rotation and extension. There's not much else in the housing, except #380 (spring detent).

If a part is out of position on one motor, chances are it's going to work its way out of position on others too.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like I'm not the only one with a Traxxis problem. 395 an 400 seem to be the problem/ Still waiting for the factory to reply?? can't see how 380 would effect it??

Post Thanks / Like

rich, did you take it apart? if you did what did you find? if it's just the spring that is bad or broken you could probably find one there. i think even a ball point pen spring will work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast