Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shenengo water level

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenengo water level

I have been out of town for 10 days and just got back. I was reading a post on fish USA about the pyma water level. They are saying they are dropping it to fill shenengo. I was at shenengo on March 29th and couldn't buy a bite.

I was using jigs and plastics.

The water was way down from what I could tell. Has it risen since then? I think the bite would improve if the water was higher. that and a better water temp. It was 46 that day. I went there sure I was going to be having crappie for dinner, but came away empty. Shenengo is the lake I fish most often, so if they are dropping pyma to fill shenengo ....good.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

The water level is at normal summer pool but dirty as all heck. Don't worry not many guys are catching fish. There was only one car today at 846 and 2 at Parker's landing. Water temp is still in the 40's. Here's the number if you want to call and listen to a recording that is updated at around 8 AM each day, 724-962-4384.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fella's, the first few weeks of april are always tough at shenango. I do my fishing ( and catching) at Mosquito lake over in Ohio. I went today and got 27 fat bluegills, 14 crappies, and 3 walleyes. I stayed there all day. I took a picture of the fish in my livewell. I'll download it and maybe post it later. Non-resident license cost $40 but it will be well worth it after the eyes get done spawning and the troll and drift bite begins. Plus i go out of Conneaut Ohio for jumbo perch.
    Last edited by chaunc; 04-10-2006 at 08:07 PM.