Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordering new boat. Carpet or not??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ordering new boat. Carpet or not??

I am ordering a 18 PFC xpress with 115 yam 4 stroke. In there center console boats they spray and paint instead of carpet. I had a 2007 war eagle predator for a year and a half and sold it do to times then. Ordered it without carpet and it was made with vinyl interior and it was great to keep but the boat was load and noisy on runs on the lake. Didn't know if carpet would have been a lot quieter in rattles and noise. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that carpet would reduce the noise generated from rattles, gear, etc, and when running down the water. I would also think that the wind noise would drown out most rattles, etc. as well. I have carpet in my tracker PT175 and like it. I actually got to see a G3 with vinyl today at a dealership. Seems nice, but I do like carpet for some reason. I asked if the vinyl is any hotter out in the sun and the guy said that the hinges and seat plates get more heat, and vinyl is a little bit hotter. If I had to make a decision, don't know which way I would go either.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    I would think that carpet would reduce the noise generated from rattles, gear, etc, and when running down the water. I would also think that the wind noise would drown out most rattles, etc. as well.
    I have had three boats. Two Jon boats and one tracker. All were carpeted to reduce noises.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I like carpet. A lot of guys like the vinyl for ease of cleaning, but to me carpet is much better. It is cooler to the touch and is a good sound insulator. I hate fishing shallow and dropping something in the bottom of an aluminum boat to hear it clang around. Carpet makes the whole boat quieter IMO. Better traction when wet too.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had both. The boat we now have is vinyl over wood, not too noisy. We catch too many Pike to have carpet...

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I hate carpet in a boat. My boat has it but if I were going to buy new it would'nt. I hate trying to scrub out fish slime from my carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpet reduces noise but also is harder to clean, you just have to figure out how messy you will be DohRofl I prefer carpet

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Good Stuff;1672746]I hate carpet in a boat. My boat has it but if I were going to buy new it would'nt. I hate trying to scrub out fish slime from my carpet.[/QUOT
    Thats how I feel as well. I bought a new boat back in the spring, no carpet, it has a non skid rubberized coating on the inside of the boat and floor. It must be insulated pretty good under the floor because it is pretty quiet. It is a light color and is very cool. I like it, I don't ever want carpet again.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was told that xpress filled there boat with foam and it dampened the noise. The war eagle with vinyl I had I don't think had any but don't know. I can tell you it was not really hotter than carpet at all. I do not know what xpress does but I do not think it is vinyl but spray and paint. Don't know if that is good or bad compared to vinyl.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a problem removing slime from my carpet, nor anything else like grease even. Must be the quality of carpet.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast