Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St. Johns River nearing flood stage

Post Thanks / Like

Default St. Johns River nearing flood stage

Just thought I would share what I just heard on the news.

Bad news for everyone headed to Harney. The news is reporting that it has reached the flood stage and some homes have been affected already. It won't take much to elminate the SR46 ramp and the only way to reach it then will by the river. Monroe is rising rapidly everyday as well as the river. Mariner's cove, just north of he 17-92 bridge is reporting all the docks under water. The Deland area of the river is up 1 1/2 to 2', so that means it's higher the further south you go. Monroe is expected to crest on Tuesday or Wednesday, but more rain is expected also. The Harris Chain is looking better everyday. Wished we could send some of this water to the north Florida lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, hope ya'll are havin a good time. Let me know where ya'll want to go next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Dexter and Woodruff today...the water was definitely up, but no problems in the lakes. The lakes last year were around 5-6 ft, now they are mostly 7 ft. We caught 35, mostly small crappies for some reason. We kept 15 of our biggest, which were 10-12 inches.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

One of my members of my Church works for swift mud and he said that they are trying o let the locks go but if they do it to fast it will have a really big fish and nature kill. So they are playing it by ear i guess from the big wiggs
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean we won't be able to use the ramp at all? When I stopped by on my way home from work last night the dock was at about a 30 degree uphill angle coming up out of the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pberry View Post
    Does this mean we won't be able to use the ramp at all? When I stopped by on my way home from work last night the dock was at about a 30 degree uphill angle coming up out of the water.
    I'm sure you will be able to use it as long as the water isn't up to the parking lot. You might have to back down quite a ways to launch the boat. I haven't been there in while and I don't know if it is a floating dock or not. I'm pretty sure it is and if that's the case it should be alright. Phantom knows about that area more than some of us do. I just don't know how high it wil rise before it peaks out. With more rains the first of the week it could get flood the parking lot etc. I've never been Harney when it's flooded, but I expect the shore line would be hard to find. You may go from deep to shallow REAL fast if you're not careful.

hate high water and hate low water I like it when it's just right!!

Post Thanks / Like

Or pay $2.00 and use the ramp on the volusia county side.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike ,
    Went to Monroe today. Put in at the city docks with no problem.Brought home 36 big ol fatties!!
    When I came out there were quite a few people using the 17-92 ramp. The water is still 3' below the sea wall.
    I think we will be OK for fishing.I could be wrong but I don't think that storm had as much water in
    it as Tropical Storm Faye did.Cloudy most of the morning. Black & blue or chartreuse seemed to be the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Lake Slab Daddy View Post
    Hey Mike ,
    Went to Monroe today. Put in at the city docks with no problem.Brought home 36 big ol fatties!!
    When I came out there were quite a few people using the 17-92 ramp. The water is still 3' below the sea wall.
    I think we will be OK for fishing.I could be wrong but I don't think that storm had as much water in
    it as Tropical Storm Faye did.Cloudy most of the morning. Black & blue or chartreuse seemed to be the best!
    Man oh man, glad to hear your report!! Monroe has been a CRAPTOBER FEST this year for sure. I hope crappieday and flslabhunter did as well. I'm over in Lake Panasofkee checking out new fishing holes. From what I see they aren't doing that great here yet and about the only way to fish here is drifting with minners under a bobber. Too much eel grass to troll.

Post Thanks / Like

Tx's for the reports guys,
    Only time I seen Harney closed was in the big flood two years ago when the dad gummed water went over the highway (closed the hwy) ! !
    I went to Sebastion (instead of Ft Pierce) lookin for snook this morning.
    Got a few Flounder. .....
    Hopefully, next weekend will be on Monroe .........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast