Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oh Bouy

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Oh Bouy

Well I've been working on this for a while and Ernest's seminar at the CAT club reminded me to finish this up.
    This spring when I was out with the BIL (brother in law) on the vine the 2 bouys i had on each side of the BP kept letting line out and we were getting caught in the line. The current pushed the line back towards us. I measured the H bouys line and they put on 80ft-Wow. So I fixed that. I also like my bouys to get down quick and stay there. These weights will do that.

Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

At least they weren't missing DohRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

I took all of mine out back and shot them. &$@$! trouble makers...........

Post Thanks / Like

Shoulda put your phone number on em so someone pickin em up could give em back to ya. DohRoflRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Get ya a small bag of quik crete and use a power aide bottle cut in half to pour the crete into, spray the inside of the bottle with WD40 or rub some oil on it so the crete will release from it. Just put the weight that they come with in there and pour crete, let it set up and remove, cheap and easy and you can pour several and have them on stand by if for some reason you ever have to cut a line due to it being hung on a root-ball or rocks.

To prepare others to be attached to the markers as a replacement just use some scrap wood or metal you have around the house to put into the bottle for the crete to mold around.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. You might want to dip them in urethane to keep them from rusting so fast and staining your boat.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Good idea. You might want to dip them in urethane to keep them from rusting so fast and staining your boat.
    Everything is galvanized. I've been using the nut on e for 2 years now. no rust.
    Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I bet that lead that came off them didn't go to waste. Good idea using the nuts and 90's.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry