Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: on the banks?

Post Thanks / Like

Question on the banks?

just checked the bucksaw marina fishing report. it says the males are on the banks in 1 to 3 ft of water...18 in down. any confirmation on this? i'm wanting to go out tomorrow and wednesday.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed
    Caught two limits yesterday.
    We put in and ran up river we had the most luck in windy areas back in coves on rocky structure however we caught them everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks gee. you just made up my mind for me. any females in the limits?
    color? depth?

bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Only a few Females.
    I was using black white chartreuse and Grandpa was using silver chartreuse.
    We caught most on some type of structure stumps bed etc. 1' to 7' we used long poles and held the bait in the zone for a few seconds.

Early in the day we cast with little success.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday we launched at Bucksaw and went up the lake not too far. We had the best luck in a big cove that wasnt really deep, also did the best just starting into the cove. We caught them off the bank with minnows set about a foot down. Best fishin weve had in months. We watched 2 guys fishin just down from us on shore limit out in less than an hour. Ours were all good sized males. With all of ours there was only one we had any doubts about and he measured almost 10". After the warm weather this week, Easter weekend we are gonna tear them up. Cant wait to get the kids into the Crappie.