Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ trolling...

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ trolling...

....for informtion that is! Just kidding, well not really. I will reveal my latest info, and if anyone knows anything else they can chime in. My buddy in the Gravois says that he caught quite a few on his dock on brush he has sunk. The interesting part is that it is probably only in 8' of water, so this leads me to believe that they are on shallow cover. I'll be ther this weekend and let you know how I did. Last year around this time I caught fish on any and every piece of cove (brush mainly) that I came across, it was awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been every weekend for a month now and I can tell ya they are headed for shallow stuff. I found a fallen tree in 4 feet of water with some limbs sticking out, and we fished the shallow side of it at 3 feet max depth and caught a lot of fish. And then some shallow flats and caught our biggest ones there.

Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you that the fish are all over brush over here shallow all the way out to 12' or so the aggresive fall bite is definatly on,go get em Mike i'm curious what you find over in the clear water.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thats where I went wrong I guess.

Went monday fishing 20-30 fow 15 ft down over brush and it was very hit and miss. Might give it a go on saturday, especially since we just had some rain, might dingy things up a little
    Last edited by MellerAM; 10-14-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Been on big niangua all week. Found fish at all depths in and around brush, around docks. The bite got tough during the middle of the week when the wind was calm, but like last weekend and the last couple days, when it got breezy, the bite really turned on. Nothing big, most between 9" and 11". Lots of dinks. Also found whites chasing shad on shallow points that the wind was pounding. And very good size too. For the crappie we were using sixteenth oz slab busters with a crappie nib, both casting and dipping.