Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handguns on Lakes controlled by Army Corps of Engineers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Handguns on Lakes controlled by Army Corps of Engineers

I was excited, having a concealed carry permits that our NC state parks will allow concealed carry as of December 1, 2011. However, in the process I came to understand that I still could not carry at any lake or state campground in which the army corp of engineers is involved. That is all of them! The state leases the land from the COE. And, their federal regulations prohibit having a loaded weapon or ammunition on their property or body of water. What a bummer!

No need to be excited about being able to conceal carry at Falls Lake. Can't do it. State leases it from the COE and they won't allow it!

Not as much freedom in this land as we think.

What do you all think?

Bo Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

i think everyone should leave their guns at home
    God bless America

Post Thanks / Like

Dang........I guess everyone that duck hunts on those lakes better just be throwning rocks!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

[never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

I believe folks have the right to own guns, but I don't see the need to have a concealed weapon on or around the lake. Tempers are too easily flared for some minor things and having a gun on you invites more trouble than it helps. JMO
    Life jackets can be uncomfortable, but much less so than drowning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Bryant View Post
    I was excited, having a concealed carry permits that our NC state parks will allow concealed carry as of December 1, 2011. However, in the process I came to understand that I still could not carry at any lake or state campground in which the army corp of engineers is involved. That is all of them! The state leases the land from the COE. And, their federal regulations prohibit having a loaded weapon or ammunition on their property or body of water. What a bummer!

No need to be excited about being able to conceal carry at Falls Lake. Can't do it. State leases it from the COE and they won't allow it!

Not as much freedom in this land as we think.

What do you all think?

Bo Bryant
    The law makers word everything so that it sounds so good...but most of the time, their words are twisted lies which are constructed with the express purpose of hiding the truth from the common man while making those same common men feel good about it. That kind of stuff should be illegal. Why can't the leaders of our nation just tell the truth...like their mama's (and most importantly, God) told them to.

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a gun on my boat, never know when your going to run into a pirate.

Those that have quick and ill tempers more than likely can't get a CCW anyway. As an LEO I want good citizens/guns on the street.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiderkayaker View Post
    i think everyone should leave their guns at home
    I think we all carried our guns there would a lot less crime. If i was a crook I would pause be before I tried to rob someone if I new they were armed....
    Carter

“Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face."
    Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowToFret View Post
    I believe folks have the right to own guns, but I don't see the need to have a concealed weapon on or around the lake. Tempers are too easily flared for some minor things and having a gun on you invites more trouble than it helps. JMO
    I took the class,i had a background check done, I will carry anywhere legal. I have been mad many times at people and can't recall a single time i thought of shooting them.

HTC Inspire.. Rooted & Unlocked using ClearDroid Rom on Straight Talk
    2018 Tracker Super Guide 40hp 4 Stroke
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Minn Kota Powerdrive with iPilot
    Marine Raider Rod Holders Modified for Versatrack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat View Post

Those that have quick and ill tempers more than likely can't get a CCW anyway. As an LEO I want good citizens/guns on the street.
    Well said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast