Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falls Bait Minnow - a do nothing lure that catches fish! Substitutes welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Bait Minnow - a do nothing lure that catches fish! Substitutes welcome!

A buddy learned how to use the forementioned soft plastic and when he showed me how crappie blow up on the bait from below it got me thinking. Why pay the ridiculous price for a small minnow shaped lure when you can buy one that closely resembles it such as Creme's minnow?
    Apart from which do-nothing lure to use was why the bait works as well as it does!

Rigged on a 1/32 or 1/64 oz jighead, the bait floats downward with no angler imparted action. The dead/ sinking minnow simulation must be what gets them to hit hard a few feet down within eyesight I've come to believe that less action is usually the ticket getting crappie and other fish species to bite because slow & finesse has proven to me to be a major fish pisser off-er.

It is a great technique you should experience if you have the patience to wait for the lure rigged on a super light jighead to fall in 8' or more of water. It should prove fantastic through the ice in a few months.
    Last edited by Spoonminnow; 10-12-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used it for crappies, but it works very well for bluegills.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spoon......exactly which lure made by creme are you talking about? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to find the minnow on Creme's site but they've been discontinued, but Bass Pro still sells a copy made by Uncle Buck (crappie minnow). http://www.basspro.com/Uncle-BucksŪ-...ct/61659/45250
    Same thing.
    Last edited by Spoonminnow; 10-14-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Kewl......thanks spoon!

ieatfish is offline Minnow * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Its all about fall rate. I just wrote a BLOG POST about fall rate and soft plastics last week.

I sat down and took notes from one of the best Crappie fisherman that I know, Bob Bohland. If you have interest in learning how to target fall fish with plastics its worth a read.

-mc

Post Thanks / Like

Cool thinks!