Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville today.... 11 over 10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville today.... 11 over 10

My buddy Don and I got a late start... On the water at 10am... Tried the bluffs along the south side of Rock Creek for an hour... Not a bite... Moved to a point across the cove... Nothing (but didn't fish long there because of difficulty holding the boat in position as the wind had picked up. Moved back along the sheltered shore of the cove within a cove. Still nothing... Decided to tie up to some small standing timber in the middle of the cove. Hadn't finished securing the boat when I heard Don's "Ah!" and saw an 11" white come on board. 3 more quickly followed. I managed one 12" Crappie and a slightly larger bass. We boated 11 keepers... 8 of them before noon. All on minnows 5' under a float in 12' of water. Steady wind blowing into the cove may have helped.
    Bite ended just after noon. Fish hit aggressively. Don accounted for 10 of the crappie (kept nothing under 10")... Threw back only 3 shorts, the one bass, a drum and one white bass. Funny, we were fishing with floats less than 3' apart, same depth, same minnows but he out fished me 10 to 1.

For what it's worth, In Fisherman's Solunar calendar said the best fishing time today would be from 10am until noon.

Post Thanks / Like

Some days you're the windsheild some days you're the bug.......great story and report Mark.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

nice report, glad you found them!

Post Thanks / Like

That Rock Creek can be feast or famine. Some days it's hard to find 'em in there, but there usually are some in there somewhere. Glad you eventually found them, Mark. WTG.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on finding them. Thanks for the report!
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

Good report and good effort sticking it out.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Good work finding the fish...... sounds like a fun day, even with the wind. Congrats.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish