Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Tuesday, whatever today's date was

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Tuesday, whatever today's date was

Hey All.

Hit the pond around 8:30. It was plenty foggy. Went to the area just south of the island off of the Collins Rd bridge. Caught 4 in my first 5 casts. Only one keeper. All on jigs. Black and Chartreuse with chartreuse tail, in about 8 fow, probably about 6 ft downish. Switched to minnows, caught 2 more, lost about 4 (bad hook I suspect) all larger than the original 4.

Moved to the trees on the north end of the Collins Rd bridge. Nada. Lots of snags. Cruised along the east side of the collins rd bridge hitting the brush piles and then under the bridge. Nothing biting. Pee break.

Hit the brush piles just outside of the Little Platte beach. Caught one nice one (probably 4-6 ft deep in 18 fow) but just couldn't stay on the pile due to the wind. Moved to the south bank about half a mile east of the Litton Center to get the heck out of the wind. Ended up catching one small bluegill there.

Then back to the Camp Branch C dock, where I caught 4 little ones on consecutive casts with tiny minnows. BTW, the Camp Branch marina gave me about 36 minnows for my dozen, but only about a dozen were bigger than an inch and a half at the best. That's not normal for them. But if you like bigger minnows, grab some before you get there.

Hope to eventually meet some of you.

Good fishing.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,

Thanks for the report. Any fishing report that involves "Pee break" definitely gets a Thumbs Up I almost took you up on your open seat offer the other day, but I just can't make it that early in the morning. As always, thanks for the reports and I look forward to meeting you also.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill.

Anytime you want to come along, don't hesitate to say "later would be better for me." Typically I plan to get out a lot earlier than I make it. Today I woke up early and headed out but still wasn't on the water until 8:30ish.

Believe me, the Pee Break, was essential.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got some time on the lake. If the wind would die down I think fall is one of the most beautiful times to be on the water. Thanks for the report and best of luck. oz