Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Honest Boat Mechanic Needed? Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Honest Boat Mechanic Needed? Any recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a good honest boat mechanic in the Central Kentucky Area? I live in Lancaster. I realize I can take the boat to stokelys or a big dealer but I would rather not pay $85 hour labor and not be real sure there fixing what needs to be fixed. I would like to find someone who kinda does it on the side. Any recommendations appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to save some $$ recently by taking my 07 F150 to an independent garage to get the spark plugs changed. I wanted to avoid dealer charges and this guy had a good reputation locally. After they broke off a plug and dropped it in a cylinder, my spark plug change ended up costing me over $1000. Now I'm having major issues with the truck and I'm in the process of having to get the engine replaced. This may have all been bad karma or a sick coincidence but by me trying to save a couple hundred $$, I'm going to be out several thousands.

Good luck with your motor.

Post Thanks / Like

robbie sargent rite on herrington lake ,a great guy and does good work

Post Thanks / Like

stay away from Renegade Marine in Leitchfield, Ky.
    If you need details you can PM me

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up going to anglers outpost in Nicholasville, they do charge $85 an hour labor, but that seems to be the going rate. I do feel like I was treated fair though. They are very knowledgeable and narrowed down my problem pretty quick and was able to fix the problem with a minimum amount of labor time. I recommmend these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Go see Jim Bryant , on Herrington Lake, Bryants Camp. He makes the repairs inside the factory and you can set the boat in the water before you leave or leave the boat there for the winter. As honest as they come and one of the best around.

Post Thanks / Like

I now use performance Marine in Campbellsville exclusivey. $80/hr shop rate and he has a large parts inventory. He has saved me hundrds over the last couple of years by keeping me from doing unecessary stuff to my 115 Johnson.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Robbie is great, but he has closed and is now working for anglers outpost. He is a straight shooter.....

Post Thanks / Like

X2,3, and 4 on Robbie Sargent....hes knows his stuff when it comes to motors...I will say he`s somewhat high on his cost but its worth it when you know you take him something its gonna be done right. I did here that he was moving from Herrington, looks like he works for Anglers Outpost according to what "cnorf" posted. Hes the best in my book. If he does work for someone else now I sure hope I can deal with him directly when I need work done in the future.
    My boat maybe old, but shes still... FAST !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast