Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shawnee Bend LOZ 4-9-06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shawnee Bend LOZ 4-9-06

fishing was outstanding this weekend!!! i didn't fall into anything as good as bugman last week, but it was great. didn't find much of anything during the morning or day, but after 8 o clock on both friday and saturday night it was non-stop. i caught everything, even a catfish! i had bluegill, loads of crappie, bass and that crappie x bluegill hybrid that i wrote about on the other thread. i caught everthing on those pearl colored puddlebugs tipped with a white crappie nibble. some were jigged at around 5 feet in 8 feet of water, the rest were caught on the cast dancing the jig back to me keeping it about 2 feet under the surface. first time i have ever caught a cat on a tiny jig! all of this was off my dock and if i hadn't been so tired i probably could have continued catching well into the night, but i stopped at midnight both nights. i heard they are finally raising the lake level 2 feet in the next 10 days. that's just a heads up for those who may not know.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya got into them fryguy, man we had a great weekend for it. Had to work yesterday, was cussin every time i looked out...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

My shallow water hotspots slowed down a bunch during the cold front so we fished the main channel sun and done well just couldnt get on big fish.With the forecast this week the fishing will be awesome i cant wait to get back to the shallow fishin.fryguy do you have alot of lighting around your dock?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

we have four regular dock lights and two big flood lights pointing into the water, one red and one white. (can anyone guess why those two colors?)
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

i am going back this weekend also, it's my birthday weekend so why not! curious to see how much the rising lake level screws up the fishing. i am glad, however, to have the water come up and finally hide my big rockpiles i built recently, i can't imagine how many people saw all of them. hopefully people respect the size limits and practice catch and release every now and then.
    -Aldo Leopold