Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rough River Lake Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rough River Lake Info

Anybody fishing / catching crappie on Rough River Lake?

deducksdad Guest

Fished Rough River Sunday, April 9, with my son. The fishing was very slow after the storms on Saturday. We caught about 30 and kept 6 ranging from 9 to 12 inches. The rest were dinks. Water temp was 58 to 61 degrees. Most were caught spider rigging jigs tipped with minnows, in 12' of water about 10' deep, along standing timber.

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Thanks"

I appreciate your info..It's hard to find out what's going on at Rough unless the members here let you know. We're heading out to Reelfoot Lake Saturday for 5 days and the crappie are spawning there. Hope the wind will let us fish and the crappie God's smiling on us..Again, "Thanks" for replying..

Post Thanks / Like

I visit reelfoot for about 10 days a year, mainly for the crappie. My word of advice is not to fear the open water. I do my best fishing along subtle drops in the open water. At reelfoot a 1 foot drop is as good as 20.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Trip

This will be our 12th year going down to Reelfoot. We've learned about every nook and cranny there. I'm on a first name basis with most of those stumps in Buzzard Slough...Looking forward to getting there Sunday morning and hope the wind will at least let us fish..

Post Thanks / Like

Buzzard slough is as good as any place on the lake. I like the north end of the lake, and I've caught a lot out of brewers bar. It's my lake of choice. Worst thing about it is you don't want to leave when it's time to go.