Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Banner Creek Sunday and Wednesday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Banner Creek Sunday and Wednesday

Fished it both afternoons for 5 hours. Sunday was excellent with an easy limit of 10-11 inch blacks had I been keeping them, not quite footballs yet but all of the keeper sized fish I caught were extremely fat and poopin everywhere. Only caught keepers on 2 of the spots I fished, the other 3 or so spots I tried all gave up small 8-9 inch fish that were not nearly as thick and healthy. The best spot was one I just found this summer. Caught around 60 fish with roughly half keepers. This is the first limit I have caught here since the spawn in 2010, as the size of fish for me atleast was less than desirable as the prior 3 yrs were fantastic. Went back Wednesday with high expectations of keeping some fish. Beautiful, warm, breezy, wind out of the south. Much slower bite with keepers coming from only 1 spot. Just a fish here and there until before sundown then it picked up greatly the last hr. Probably caught 40 fish with just 11 keepers. 3 inch bobbly garland slabslayers and bass pro shops magnum tubes worked best both days. Took minnows Wednesday and only caught 2 fish with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Job

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the post

Post Thanks / Like

Have not been there this year, great place to fish. Glad you had a good time, better luck in finding the large footballs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Good report, fall fishing fun especially with crappie bitting

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to report depths fish were caught in. All fish caught on south side of the lake in or near brush in 10 to 15 ft of water 1 to 3 ft off the bottom. Any deeper than 15 and only dinks caught and as usually here no keepers in standing timber (they have to be in some of that timber but I've just never found them there).