Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ky lake trip

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Ky lake trip

I'm back and thankfully, still in one piece. We had 2 tornados touch down within 35 miles from us.Some lost lives there too. But we fished almost all week and caught fish every day. we started out saturday with good weather and the fish were in shallow, about 6ft water. We took a dz keepers with 4 very close to 2lb each.
    That ones an ounce shy of 2lb.
    here's a couple more. Notice the hat :D
    This is Tim Odem ( T. O. ) with a couple more slabs

Now, we didn't catch a zillion fish but we did get some quality fish. Here's me with a couple from friday

And this is part of the 35 slabs we got on thursday

With the storms moving in and out day after day it was hard to stay on the fish but experience and knowledge of the area paid off somewhat. Not a bad trip but i've done much better.

Post Thanks / Like

They are some nice looking fish! Do you bring your boat down there, or do get a package with boat and room? I'm looking for a getaway for my wife and I for a week. Maybe a package with room, a boat, and maybe a guide trip to show us the waters.

Post Thanks / Like

I take my boat with me. The marina i fish out of has boats for rent. They also have rooms but i dont know if they package them. I stay at a motel thats 4 minutes from the lake. There's plenty of guides there but to get the best, you have to book them in the winter for a spring trip. Go to the Kentuckylake.com website and they have all the info you'll need. ps. cost me and a buddy close to $350. in gas for the entire trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!! On the gas bill. That's one of the reasons I'd like to get a boat, motel package. I just bought an 18 foot Wellcraft glass boat with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke, and it really puts the hurtin on my gas milage. Thanks for the info.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc, looks like you had a good time, and some great catches. My hope this year, is to go to North Carolina, and fish with my aunt and uncle for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc,

Looks like you guys had a great trip. Glad you made it home safe and sound. I was worried about you guys when I heard about all of the bad weather down south.
    GO STEELER'S!

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc, First off Great looking hat!:D and the fish don't look bad either. Glad every thing went well for you.
    How long of a drive is it?
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin' good Chaunc! Some really nice slabs there. Glad you had a safe trip there and back. I'd really like to get there someday. Will you be my guide? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, it an eleven and a half hour drive each way. People think i'm nuts for driving that far " just to fish " but i go to relax and get away from EVERY DAY, if you know what i mean.:D I may go back for a three day trip next month. The gills and shellcrackers are too much fun to pass up. Don't think i'm taking my boat tho. That gas is a killer. Cost me as much for gas as it did for my half on the room for a week. Mike, have you checked out what the guides make on that lake?:rolleyes: I'll only charge half price :p :D

Post Thanks / Like

Always nice to see some KY lake Crappie shown on this forum. Looks like you guys did ok. What part of KY lake did you fish? It's all good as far as I am concerned. The damn area and Johnathon Creek area are closer to where I live. Man you sure did drive a long ways. But it's worth the drive if you spend an entire week there especially in Early to Mid April when the Spawn is in full swing.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast