Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I Wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Am I Wrong?

Thought about posting this on the Off Topic Board but then i thought i'll just keep it local. Unless some other guys from out of state happen by and care to voice an opinion, feel free. I'll try to keep it short and to the point. For years theres been a group of friends (12 couples) that have camped and fished together. I worked all day, then went over to meet with everyone to talk over a trip. I thought fishing and found out they're wanting to go to some dang island in the Carribean. Well as i told them and my wife, $5000.00 to go set in the sun, drink and gamble was'nt my idea of a vacation. Also i asked about the fishing there and they said it was'nt on the agenda. I got up and left, sorry but i work to hard for my money to spend it on a vacation i have no interest in. I know this is'nt Dear Abby but am i wrong to not just go along with the flow. 5 grand is a whole year of fishin trips to me ...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that $5000 is a lot of cash, and the going to an island to drink and gamble really doesn't sound like much fun. What did your wife think about the trip? If your wife likes to fish heck I'd take her on a trip somewhere and go catch some biggins'. But that's just my thoughts. You know how much CRAPPIE TACKLE you can buy for $5000!!!!!!!!!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

izzy...you can go to Theo's and get drunk alot of times on 5G's. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Take the $5000 and come to Grenada and fish with me. It will only cost about $1000 sooooo you could just leave the rest with me!!!!

Naw really though, if the wife doesn't insist, no way I would go. If she wants to go, you better act like you're having fun while you are drinking and gammbling on some island!

Post Thanks / Like

go, it will be the best time of your life. I am the biggest redneck in the world and I had a blast.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

izzy,what happened to your fishin buddies they gettin soft or what?stick to your guns buddy scrap the whole island thing and just go fishin you dont need those softies anyway.We all know what kind of a cough you get when you dont get enough fishin in just imagine how bad that would be if it happened in the carribean.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, the wife and i had a short talk this morning and both agreed it's not something we would enjoy doing. I married a good one, she would rather sit and watch her line than go somewhere like that. We have a birthday party to go to today in St. Charles, afterwards since we're so close to Bass Pro. You get the picture...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Yuppies Bugman, half of em are more interested in their Harleys than fishing anymore. Don't get me wrong, to each his own but we would rather fish and camp than stay at a 5 star hotel in carribean...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy you could get a guided trip a day for a couple weeks for 5K. Kepp the cash and just go fishin'
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default izzisfishin

will here is my 2 cents worth wife wanted to go on 12 day cruse, she go I no go there is always friends neighbours kinfolk who will go with you been married 35years it works. besides you can get a striper fishing trip out of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast