Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Around Rochester

Post Thanks / Like

Question Around Rochester

OK Northern brothers, looking for info around Rochester, has anyone been fishing around there? Honeyoea (spelling) Cyuga, Sodas, Irondiquoit Bay, Port Gibson, Palmarya. Come on now, I know you all aint Iced in yet, getting close but not yet...Thanks in advance for all replies. GO BILLS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

we are getting perch around fairhaven and henderson harbor, and walleyes on onieda.

Post Thanks / Like

L2Fsh, My Dad fished Sodus last week.. Most of the Perch they were catching there were only in the 9-10" range... When are you headed that way?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been hearing about some really good perch fishing on the Finger Lakes recently too. Cayuga, Seneca, Qwasco - and like Frank said, Fair Haven has been reporting good perch fishing. Here's a link for regional reports that are usually updated each week: Fishing Hotlines/News - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

Links at the bottom of the page for Central New York and Western New York are the ones you want.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOAT View Post
    L2Fsh, My Dad fished Sodus last week.. Most of the Perch they were catching there were only in the 9-10" range... When are you headed that way?
    Redboat, thanks for the reply. I am not heading that way any time soon...they should be getting snow any day now (LOL) I grew up in Rochester and my father still lives there and I was checking reports for him (he does not use a computer, or even know what a web site is). I try to make it up there in the spring or summer months every year and I love to tell my southern friends about the good fishing we have up north.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Send him that way then.. Dad went fished there yesterday (10/6) and brought 22 home all over 10"