Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad mistake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad mistake

Got to Clinton at about 9:15 and limited on the brush(15-19FT) about 12:30. got home around 1ish. My son doesn't get home till about 3:15, dam, had to clean the fish all by my lonesome, the terd got out of his duties! Absolutley beautiful day on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

some tough times you have there, at least you had fun

Post Thanks / Like

you poor thing Fishless. My questionis how do you quit after 3 hrs if they are biting that good? I am not sure I could quit and would just start tossing em back. Then again I am not used to filling the boat like all of you

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    Your gonna make me cry, I feel so sorry for you. BUT, Thanks for posting. You were in that Champion?

Post Thanks / Like

Doc, yep I was in a the black Champ. were you out there? I didn't see anyone other than a fella in a Ranger at least that got close to me.

Chad, they've been biting like this for the last 3 weeks, so it was just a meat run, figured to head home and save the boat gas for next time, gotta fish on a budget, the kids sap every penny I have!

Post Thanks / Like

Shh, be wery, wery, qwuiet. We're catching crawpies down there. It's better than West!

Post Thanks / Like

Chad, they've been biting like this for the last 3 weeks, so it was just a meat run, figured to head home and save the boat gas for next time, gotta fish on a budget, the kids sap every penny I have![/QUOTE]

What has been the best color and or Minnows?

I may hit the docks tomorrow morning early..

Thanks,
    Rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

NOT minnows, and jig color varies by the day and also by the time of the day and area of the lake. The marina water would be alot clearer and a different color than the main lake, so I would reccomend trying your favorite colors first or or dunking minnows if they are your confidence bait. Gotta keep some kind of secret or I might jinx myself.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Rick, Dan is right, go with your confidence colors to start. Something that was told to us during our early tourny years by some winning guys was "when selecting color, go with the season. In other words think spring colors or brights during the spring and fall colors or subdued colors of the fall during the fall". it is a generalization but has helped us in the past. Water clarity and depth play a role as does size. Try to match up your size by the size of the baitfish. Generally in the fall the baitfish are bigger so larger baits are sometimes preferred. Another aspect that comes into play is the style or body of the jig. While they may not hit a tube body they may readily take a curl tail or twister of the same color. Lots of variable for sure but with some persitance and experimentation you should be able to nail it down. Don't be discouraged keep confident and experimenting, you WILL figure it out. It works for us and may work for you. Remember too, that ones man color is not the same as anothers, and more than once we've found that because of the confidence factor in our chosen color we have done as well or better than someone who gave us or posted a hot color. Good Luck, hope it helps a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the bright colors in the spring(spawn). From my understanding when a crappie is on it's bed and it sees a bright colored jig, it thinks that it's a bluegill trying to eat it's eggs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast