Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish Counter

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fish Counter

The limit on Lake Barkley is 30 fish and I 've been having a hard time keeping up with how many fish I have in the livewell . I have been using a golf stroke counter but it is a bugger to reset back to 0 and I was trying to come up with something a little better so I thought I would ask my friends on crappie.com what you'all use. Thougt about different things like beans in 2 jars,pen and paper,voice recorder.........? Any good ideas out in crappie land. Fish been hitting shallow last few days!!!!! Good Fishin
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crappielures.com/accessories.htm
    You may have to fill it and then back it off to get to 30! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Check out these "Tally Counters" - http://tallycounterstore.com/

I have two of the "Mounted" type on a piece of old cutting board secured to the deck with Velcro where I can reach them with my foot to count fish.

If I have stiff competition on the boat I use them to keep track of each persons or teams fish but otherwise I use one to keep track of what's in the livewell and the other to keep track of the throwbacks.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Put 30 pennies into a container, change purse, etc. - everytime you pitch a fish into the cooler, follow him with one of the pennies. When you are out of money, you are done - kind of like shopping! Get your pennies back when you clean the fishies - and if you loose one (or all) you aren't out much. That's how I do it anyway.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

After fingers and toes, I rely on my memory...and it's not so good.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easy And Cheap

Go to Wally World and buy you some diaper pins. I've been doing this for years, got 15 in Blue and 15 in Red (the wife and me). The limit on Mo. lakes is 15, put them all on one of the pins and then on your shirt. Catch a fish, stick a pin in her lip and chuck it in the cooler or live well. When your out of pins you know your done. I don't know the game laws there, but have been checked a few times here in Missouri and have never had a problem with the different color pins i use. Actually one warden on Mark Twain Lake a few years ago said he thought it was the best idea he'd seen and had no problem with our fish in the same cooler. If theres any other idea's out there i'd like to here them, but this one works for me...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

just let the game warden do it, he is usually correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry's link is the best one. and easy to use.
    I have one for golf. but its hard to reset.
    i plan on getting 2 of the ones in that link.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I sure needed one last week at Weiss. I just ordered one on line from tally counter off link above and with shipping and handling it cost $12.04. Until then I think I am going to use the penny method - although I think the colored diaper pens would be the best bet with my fishing partners (wife and son). Seems like they always think they caught more thank I did :o) LOL
    wldkat
    Take a kid fishin' Never know, one day they might take you...
    J~ <(((><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wldkat
    I sure needed one last week at Weiss. I just ordered one on line from tally counter off link above and with shipping and handling it cost $12.04. Until then I think I am going to use the penny method - although I think the colored diaper pens would be the best bet with my fishing partners (wife and son). Seems like they always think they caught more thank I did :o) LOL
    Now you know they always out fish us. I love to see my wife catch the fish. and the kids also.
    But theres a few that fish with me. Now then is when I try my best to beat them bad. :D Theres this one I like to out fish. No names but his handle is Todd----Miller. :p
    Pete

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast