Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: October...BUSY, BUSY, and....BUSY!

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default October...BUSY, BUSY, and....BUSY!

With October comes fall test netting season for KDWPT fisheries biologists. I will be spending the majority of my time the next 4 to 6 weeks sampling my district waters and won't be around the computer as much. However, I will still be checking in on the 'ask the bio' section and will do my best to provide timely replies to your questions, so keep 'em coming!

I hope you all are getting out and enjoying the great fall fishing. It is a great time of the year to be on the water! And like some of the guys have posted on the Kansas board, "Take a Kid With You!!". You'll likely make some memories that will last the both of you a lifetime!

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fall test netting has been completed for the year. Now it's time to work on data compilation, stocking requests, management reports, necessary regulation changes, and equipment maintenance. Many of the fish bios around the state work on habitat projects during the winter months, especially if good ice develops. Volunteers are welcome for these projects. I'll try to keep the board up to date on any volunteer habitat opportunities across the state this winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Craig.