Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: For those who are concerned with mercury

Post Thanks / Like

Default For those who are concerned with mercury

I just received my green carp masters magazine and it had an excellent artical on mercury. I'm not trying to start nothing, but if You have time check out www.fishscam.com.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you were referring to the motors.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default interesting

I thought the warnings were a little "fishy".Ha Ha. I have never worried about the warings myself even though I fish a lot I do not eat fish everyday. So even if some of the fish I eat had a warning about them no more than I eat I do not worry about it. H*ll I smoke, drink and eat fast food any fish I eat is better for me than any thing else I do to my body mercury or not.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-09-2006 at 04:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funfishing
    I thought the warnings were a little "fishy".Ha Ha. I have never worried about the warings myself even though I fish a lot I do not eat fish everyday. So even if some of the fish I eat had a warning about them no more than I eat I do not worry about it. H*ll I smoke, drink and eat fast food any fish I eat is better for me than any thing else I do to my body mercury or not.
    I hear ya! It seems that everything we do nowadays will kill us somehow. Oh well you have to die from something, and I'm not about to quit eating those tasty filets. MMMMM mmmmmm!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-09-2006 at 04:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya! It seems that everything we do nowadays will kill us somehow. Oh well you have to die from something, and I'm not about to quit eating those tasty filets. MMMMM mmmmmm!

BONES
    Josh darn the other day i saw something in the news that said they had linked BBQ foods to cancer now.Gotta tell ya i must be plum full of the stuff as much BBQ as i eat.Oh well i guess i'll die happy and full.LOL:D
    Last edited by hogster; 04-08-2006 at 07:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunatly, If you live in Florida, and if i read this right:
    http://www.doh.state.fl.us/environme...ies/index.html

your fish meal consumption should be only one meal per week in most cases.
    seems like the mercury scare is real in south Florida.

most of the scare began in Florida from this article:

http://www.p2pays.org/ref/01/00337.htm

sunydaz99 Guest

Here in Arizona we now have a number of lakes posted as health concerns due to Mercury. It seems the goverment lowered the standards on what was acceptable. We have been eating them for years Now they tell us they are not healthy for us. But just watch the news something changes everyday. I say fish, enjoy and eat to your hearts content.

Post Thanks / Like

I was taught that if you were worried about mecury that you put the fish whole in the freezer with the heads down and when they got cold enought the mecury would go down to their head and then you just cut the head off and get rid of the mecury lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drag line
    I was taught that if you were worried about mecury that you put the fish whole in the freezer with the heads down and when they got cold enought the mecury would go down to their head and then you just cut the head off and get rid of the mecury lol

I like his idea!:D