Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grand Lake 10-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Lake 10-2

Nephew and I hit GLSM Sunday. My dad was up there already and had caught 27 crappies, with most being 9+ inches, 18 "good sized" blue gills, a channel and a 12" LM bass Saturday after the Buckeye game. Got there around 10:30 and fished till 3. Only managed 4 fish between the 2 of us. Mine were crappies and had a big gill flop off my twister tail grub. My nephew used various tubes on 1/16 head and managed to catch a monster gill (see picture) and the largest crappie of the day an 11.25". My two were 10+" and a little over 6". My 10+ weighed more than the 11.25 but didn't have a scale to officially weigh them. Guy down our channel was targeting gills and only started having success when he went to 3-4 feet deep, did see him pull out a hoss that he said was 8.25". We started at 16" then moved to 2+ feet in depth and finally started to get some bites but it was slow. Water temp was 57 in our channel. Water is still pretty green and we had some surface scum sine the winds were coming from the north. Looks like we'll do Brookville during the week and GLSM during the weekends.

Did also go down in size of grub that helped to get my two crappies.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

The 9" limit has and will continue to help MANY Ohio lakes. Plus the lack of fishing pressure is also helping. With the dredging adding more depth to GLSM, hopefully the lake is beginning to rebound to it`s former glory. Nice catch !

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I went out there Sunday for a couple of hours.First time I have been there in two years, and I only live 10 minutes away. We fished the pontoons and docks around Behm's. We caught a ton of bluegill at around 2 feet. I shot the pontoons and found plenty of crappie underneath them. We did not keep fish so I do not have a count but a fun day.

Post Thanks / Like

We're not too far from Behm's. Haven't learned to shoot toons yet, a little difficult with our 10', 12', and 9' rods. Plus we don't have those nice docks like at Behm's where you can get underneath them. Our channel is mainly seawalls. So if you're not on a boat you cant get square with it. We caught most in close to the bank, usually not more than 2-3 feet of the bank or seawall. Brush hasn't produced well but rocky banks have been solid.

My aunt just moved into a place at Behm's. Will have a good excuse to fish the area now!