Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big South Fork Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big South Fork Report

With the storms of last Sunday, the Big South Fork got muddy and water level raised about 1ft. It wasn't until yesterday, Friday, that the river was clear enough to fish. I went yesterday afternoon and had a decent trip. Caught 30-40 crappie, most were just under the 10" size limit, but caught 15 that were definately "keepers". And as on cue, here come the storms of Friday (last evening) and so, my morning pilgrimage down to check on the river this morning found what I suspected, a muddy river. It was too muddy to fish and looked to be raising. That's a good thing, water level needs to be 3-5ft higher anyways. But, it will be at least Wednesday b4 it's fishable again. Should have warmer air temps by then anyways. I'll keep those interested in fishing here posted to the conditions and fishing results on the Big South Fork of Lake Cumberland.

Good Fishing wherever you're fishing!!!

crappie-dude

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Crappie Dude. I still plan on coming down. My partner this last week preferred to go to Green River instead. We did pretty well down there this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good News

That's good news Newlight2 that you guys had a pretty good trip..always glad to hear someone had an enjoyable trip. Be good to have ya down here on the Big South Fork. Until then.....

Best Catches always....

crappie-dude