Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need help with this old Ranger Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help with this old Ranger Bass Boat

I bought a great ol' boat from someone and can't figure out the live well system. It is a 1974 Ranger. The live well has a pipe toward the top that extends about 2" into the livewell. There is no plug or drain in the bottom. I hooked (taped) a water hose to the end of the pipe to see where it leads. The pipe runs to the front bow and made a 90 degree turn up to where the chair is mounted. The water squirts straight out. What is the purpose of this? An air vent? Was there something there originally that was cut off; the edges are rounded and don't appear to have been cut.

When sitting in the water, the livewell doesn't fill. I can't find any more holes for a pipe to allow water to enter below the water line. Anyone have any ideas how this system works?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you myself, but I'd bet if you contacted Ranger, they'd help you out. I understand they have very good customer service, no matter how old your boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like someone was trying to make one of those fancy french comodes:D LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It doesn't shoot directuly up under the seat The pipe runds under the bow and terminates. Water shoots up there under the edge.

I waited on the phone in que for 30 mintues today while waiting to speak with someone at Ranger. I had my phone on speakerphone and watched Seinfield. They never answered so I hung up in frustration. I'll try them again Monday if no one has any other ideas...

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine this time of year and a Saturday to boot, that it would be about their busiest time of year. Monday's are probably tough too, as people call in about stuff that happened on the weekend. Maybe mid-week would be a better time to call.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

is it like this . just bought it with 2 motors .
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rangerboat.jpg
    try this site T M D will answer your question . post it on the boat information forum.
    http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

That is the EXACT SAME boat!