Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mallard Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mallard Lake

I have been reading and keeping up with this board for a few weeks now, and decided to join. Love to fish for crappie and bream but havn't been in quite a while. Went to Mallard last Saturday with my 15 year old daughter caught 7 nice ones from 3/4lb. to 2 1/2lb. Wondering if anyone knows any places along the Miss. river between Blytheville and Frenchmen's Bayou, fished couple places called Gravel Pit and Blue Hole about 15 years ago but havn't been back.

Post Thanks / Like

do you fish big lake?

Post Thanks / Like

have tried once or twice with no luck. have heard of good results around middle ditch but don't know where it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board Billegoat, you can get a lot of good info here. I don't know much about the northeast part of the state but if your ever fishing in the southeast part of maybe I can help. Good fishing! Post pics when you can.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Going to try either Horseshoe or Poinsett early in the morning, hope not to get blowed away!!
    Don't know how Midway is doing this week, don't get to go fishing as much as I would like and would like a little info before going.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey billiegoat I am From Blytheville I now live in Ga But Big lake is one my favorite places any wher to fish,I can tell you a lot of good places to fish in that area I fished it for 10-15 yrs,By the way Middle ditch is on the north end of Big lake it is what feeds the lake.If you put in at what we used to call North Ramp leave there and head north and go to the north west corner and you can go right up it.It is almost time to fish the pads on the lake and you can catch plenty of 1 1/2 to 2lb crappie.I will be glad to tell you of many others in that area cause it sure brings back some good menories for me

Post Thanks / Like

We were thinking of fishing tim's point tommorow but we don't really know where to go.
    Crappie are snobby..... Why can't they be easy to catch...Like bass?

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on catching some fish with your daughter...look forward to your posts

Post Thanks / Like

Joefish: If you go to Tims point, just motor north. Stay to west side and you'll run right into middle ditch, but you can't go up to far. Its still a wreck after last years ice storm. Before you get to the ditch you come up to a lot of sawgrass (i guess that what it is) start fishing the point to the east, continuing east. The crappie love to get into the buckbrush there.

Post Thanks / Like

Im not familiar with big lake, but in the AGFC map book it shows a ramp at the southern part of the main lake and then one on the northeastern side in the smaller portions of the lake. Are those the only ramps to that portion of the lake that yall are talking about?
    Tom

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast