Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eufaula Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eufaula Crappie

I went out to day and didn't have much luck, I was wondering if anyone else was fishing eufaula right now. And if so, whats going on?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been out for the past three days. Had fair luck Wednesday afternoon but really had to work at it. It has gotten progressively worse for the last two days. The large females I caught were primarily in about 6-10 feet of water at the mouths of coves/creeks. Their eggs were close to fully formed. The smaller females were at the same locations but their eggs were not as far along. The males were not up shallow either. Saw lots of people fishing but saw nobody catching. The bite was almost too light to believe. They wouldn't touch a jig -- caught all on minnows, mostly dropshotting.
    IkenI
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default yeah

That may be the reason why I was jigging around some brush in about 4-5' of water I only had one bite and it was so light that i could hardly feel it. I was out at Hickory point, if anyone knows of any good areas out that way. Drop me a line.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Krebs could be you were fishing to deep most everyone I am talking to from up north on is catching right on the bank Could it be the fish were right at your feet LOL just telling what I am hearing lots near rock creek are being caught by bank walkers

Post Thanks / Like

caught 85 in Gaines creek right on the bank last Friday.

Kenny
    Hey, tell me a story!

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Default figures lol

After that cold front we had I never thought they would still be that close to the bank, lol I guess I was wrong. Thanks guys.
    Coyote, Where at on Gaines?

Post Thanks / Like

We put in at Hickory Point and fished 10 inches deep on different rocky banks going back towards the main lake. Did you see a boat with YUM on the side of it?
    Hey, tell me a story!

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a boat, but it seems like everytime I go out there I see a truck w/ YUM all over it. By chance where you one of the ones fishing just off the shore across from the boat ramp friday afternoon?

Post Thanks / Like

I got a chance to get on the water mid-lake for about two and a half hours today and kept 35 nice ones. Threw back several smaller ones. The bigger fish were 3-4 ft deep and the smaller ones were closer to bank. Jigs & minnows. Probably go out again tomorrow.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime you see that skeeter boat with "YUM" on the side of it in the creek pay special attention to how and where he is fishing. He will always be using jigs and never a minnow will be found in his boat. We were using 2" wooly beaver tails with the head pinched off on a 1/8 ounce jig head. We were using lighter colors but I don't think it would have mattered. He won't be still either, if the fish aren't aggressive and he dosen't catch 3 or 4 in ten minutes he is off to another spot.
    Hey, tell me a story!

Kenny

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast