Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Post Spawn "guarding The Bed"

Post Thanks / Like

Question Post Spawn "guarding The Bed"

I went back to my hot spot where I caught the limit the other day. I expect great fishing but I couldn't catch a crappie. I got dozens of strikes they wouldn't hold on. I ended up with 2 bass and 1 cat. I threw them back as I didn't need fish. Anyone else noticed post spawn guarding?
    We've had lots of weird weather I don't know what to expect tomorrow.
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

"They wouldn't hold on" Heck if it's in his mouth, you should have him...Maybe it's operator error.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    "They wouldn't hold on" Heck if it's in his mouth, you should have him...Maybe it's operator error.
    I thought the same thing. A lot of the strikes were gar I could see them. My friend who has been fishing the spot for years before during and after the spawn said the after the spawn they will start guarding the bed and strike at the jig and spit it out. I was fishing in a place where I'd caught a 100 crappie lots of bass and my friend has caught 50 to 100. So over fishing had some effect. I thought that the temps might have dulled the bite. Also their was cloud cover and sprinkling rain. It my belief that the weather had them in off mode. Weve had some messy weather maybe with some sunshine it will be better today .
    Thanks sac-a-lait
    FIN