Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sinker stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinker stops

Has anybody used sinker stops as bobber stops? If so how has it worked out?
    I DO MY BEST PROOFREADING RIGHT AFTER I HIT THE "SUBMIT" BUTON

Post Thanks / Like

they are the same thing without the bead.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use the bobber stops for night fishing... set them just above the water line when still fishing jigs at night, they're much easier to see if your line twitches or starts moving sideways than watching just the line at night time.

Post Thanks / Like

The trouble with sinker stops on a spinning reel is they will "catch' on the line when you try to cast. In fact some bobber stops will do it also.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of them depending on brand are bigger than bobber stops. I get the ones from Janns and have never had one catch the line while casting. Eagle Claw has packs of them now and I got some at Dicks but haven't tried them yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Go with string

Just use the string. it slides through the guides no problem and stops the bobber too.
    KIS
    Thumbs Up

Also, if your using mono or especially if using fluro you could be weaking the line by pinching it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigMack View Post
    Just use the string. it slides through the guides no problem and stops the bobber too.
    KIS
    Thumbs Up

Also, if your using mono or especially if using fluro you could be weaking the line by pinching it.
    after a few casts my "string" seems to slip....i have tried tightening it back up, cutting the tags short, leaving the tags long......it still slips........any help here????

Post Thanks / Like

I use 20# braid not mono for the main line. string holds better on braid and you get your setup back every time
    when hung up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chucktx View Post
    after a few casts my "string" seems to slip....i have tried tightening it back up, cutting the tags short, leaving the tags long......it still slips........any help here????
    Use two pair of pliers to grab each end of the knot - then cinch it tight. Then cut off the tag ends. They serve no function and only impair casting distance. I've used this type for bobber stops on mono, fluoro and Fireline. (Haven't tried it with the new Nanofil line yet, but will be doing so soon.) Rarely have I had a problem with knot slipping on the line.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."