Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Weiss Report

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Lake Weiss Report

Arrived at Weiss on Sunday (with my wife, her first trip to Weiss) and stayed until today. We bailed out early this morning and headed for home in front of the storms. I started out shooting docks but limited success on keepers. Until Tuesday morning a fellow crappie fisherman( leaving for home) that had been bringing in a limit every day, gave me a lemon/white/char. curly tail (I used it with an 32nd on shallow docks and an 1/16 on deeper). I also fished banks for bedding fish, caught several nice black crappie. Color made the difference we had21 tues. and then 36 wed and 42 thurs. Located grubs at Leesburg Citgo. Saw several bringing in limits at Bay Springs but I saw a few leave for home early with few fish. Locals said the guides was fishing Cowan creek trolling at the back. If you go down drop in at Bay Spring Marina and see Jack or Bill for information. They are great guys and will help you any way they can.

p.s. Fished mainly Little Nose / Big Nose and the small cove where the sailboats are located between Bay Springs and Big Nose. Good Fishing to all and thanks for all the information and help I received before I left.

Post Thanks / Like

I also just got back. I started fishing last Sat and caught 20 keepers in about an hour fishing (minows on a float in 3 feet of water) against the rocks just as you turn to go up little river. Fish Sunday in Little River with a guide out of JR's (Loyd) and had a limit by 1 PM. We trolled and my 7 year old son manned the net for us. It was Loyd's 5th day in a row catching a limit of 60 fish. Fish were hitting on white/blue/white; red/chartruse; chartruse/purple/chartruse and you name it. Most were in shallow waters. Sunday night storm came through and Monday we had 30+ MPH winds on the lake. Tuesday through Thursday was same as Sunday - lots of folks shooting docks with jigs or minnows; folks were fishing in 1 foot of water and others were trolling. It didn't seem to matter - the fishing was HOT.
    wldkat
    Take a kid fishin' Never know, one day they might take you...
    J~ <(((><