Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marker buoy disappearance?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marker buoy disappearance?

Has anybody had their marker buoys stolen on a lake while they were fishing a short time away from it. This is the 3rd. time this has happen to meDoh. The first time it had no identification on it..........the second time, I had written "Black Lund" on it. Well duh, what part of that do you not understand? Now the 3rd time this (last weekend) it also had "Black Lund" on it and I only left it for about an hour and only saw one boat go through that area. This makes no sense to me. What makes someone stop and pick up something that doesn't belong to them? I guess I am from the "old school" and if it's not mine, I leave it alone. That applies to alot of things. Just seems to make life alot simpler.
    Capt.C........Life's short. Be a friend. Eat good. Have fun and fish hard!

Post Thanks / Like

You're right Chuck. Makes life simple that's for sure. Sorry some one would steal your stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

One time at Lake Hickory (at least I think it was Hickory), I had marked the outer edge of a brush pile with a bright orange marker bouy. As I fished the unfamiliar brush, I found out that there was quite a few brushpiles right in a line. While working the brush, I found myself about 20 yards from the bouy. A guy in a 40 something thousand dollar bass boat just came idling by and picked up my bouy (like he couldn't afford one). I think part of his thinking was that there was no way I could catch him in my 15' jon. His arrogance really got me mad. I looked for him for a long time but never found him.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that mr. haley i'm like u if it's yours leave it alone !!!! Doh

Post Thanks / Like

get his reg##### and turn him in
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Crappie 2 View Post
    get his reg##### and turn him in
    I didn't see him do it or think he might have done it just because he went in the area. Believe me I would have confronted him if I knew it was him. I just don't understand the "mind set" in this kind of thing. It's not about the loss of the buoy. It's about what goes on in someones mind to make them think they should pick something up like this, just because they saw it.
    Capt.C........Life's short. Be a friend. Eat good. Have fun and fish hard!

Post Thanks / Like

guys i to have had them taken best thing to do is pick them up when you move or get use to buying more.

Post Thanks / Like

had it happen to me now I paint mine black so its harder to see

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we should start using 20oz. plastic bottles with a string and weight tied to it because lord knows they wouldn't go out of their way to pick up a piece of trash

Post Thanks / Like

i feel you chuck. it's like WHY? if someone can afford gas, bait , tackle, etc. then they can afford an eight dollar marker buoy. it's got to be that they just truly enjoy stealing. to be honest, it would be worth him taking it if i could catch him doing it. keep 'dem mallets ready to throw!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast