Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Frist time at Indian lake need help

ohiobuck Guest

Default Frist time at Indian lake need help

I am goning to indian lake on sunday for the frist time. i will be fishing for crappie. could anyone help me with a good spot. ( will be in a boat )

Post Thanks / Like

try blackhawk area back into lucys pond, hit the brush and the pads. game reserve on the ne side of the lake same program, brush n pads.

sowbelly

dsinning Guest

this time of year there you need to fish about 12" to 2' deep over 10' of water very slow i use a 1/32 oz. jig with an adjustabubble bobber so you can cast it along way. i use white nail tail . if you see your bobber twicth set the hook they have it. i'm fishing in mich. right now caught 60 last weekend plus 4 bluegill and 2 bass. if you don't know what a nail tail looks like go to panfishpro.com they have pictures. i fish at van wert ohio and crappie fish all the time caught 25 last weekend at vanwert res. good luck.

ohiobuck Guest

thinks for all the good info

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with sowbelly, the game preserve in the pads in about 2-3ft of water. I had good luck there last weekend in this area with minnows, caught alot of catfish also.

Post Thanks / Like

Default more IL info

If you get a chance, stop in at Mikes Bait n Tackle off 235 (corner of the road that goes to chippewa boat ramp n 235, usually a green truck beside the building). He pours his own plastics in about every color imaginable. He has some that are similar to Cubby's and he sells the bodies for .10 a piece. He can also give ya a good idea'r where there biting.

Sowbelly

kurtis08 Guest

just went there last weekend was fishing from the bank in the campground and caught about half a stringer full of them so they should be hiting even harder about right now. im going up this weekend and going to try there and the lilies like they were saying but make shure to hit the campgrounds channels and blackhawk. thats the lakes 2 biggest hot spots. also while i was there the catfish and the sageye and waleye were biting on jig and minnow. or what i caught mine on a vibe-e.

but good luck it all depends on that lake