Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deer Hunting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deer Hunting

I am looking for a place to deer hunt here in OK. I have a 15 year old boy that likes to hunt also. Would be interested in about any area of the state, but really would like to have a place close to the Oologah area, so I could take my boy in the afternoons after school. He has really gotten into bow hunting. Would be interested in leasing or doing some work for you. Thank you.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know of anything up in that part. There is some really good hunting up there. One thing that I do is talk to the biggest farmers in your area. Alot of times they may be all leased but know someone you could talk to. I sometimes drive around the area I want to hunt looking for good looking places that aren't posted leased and find out who owns them. For about $25 at most county assessors offices, you can get a book with all the land locations and who owns them, comes in mighty handy. Then Google the name to find an address or #. Hope that helps.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck in your search Doug. It's getting harder and harder to find places these days even when you're willing to pay a little or work some. I hope you find a spot, if I hear anything I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Odie!

Don't overlook the Corps and Public Land though. Even though I hunt private ground a lot, I have several stand sites on Corps lands. I have some nice Bucks on trail cams to prove that they love thick lakeside cover as much as the rabbits do!

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Doug wish I had known..Don't have anything close by you but had 2 spots open but now filled in Huges Co..awesome place with corn and soybeans planted across the fence..there is always next yr and I will promise to let you in on it if it happens
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark. Yes , please keep me in mind. I will keep looking for this year. I can hunt during the week, so even if I have to do all my hunting on public I can sometimes get away from the crowd. I have a small area of Corp land here by the house and I am going to let the boy bow hunt it. I am going to try and sit in a stand in the same tree and maybe film a little. Hope you have a great season.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, what part of Hughes do you hunt? I've been hunting down there for many years, I've done well. I wouldn't mind visiting some time if you would like. It's always good to learn a little about the areas you hunt from other guys near by.

Post Thanks / Like

Meat hunting close to alil town called Gerty..Had this lease now for 9 yrs and have killed some really nice deer off it..My dad killed a 12pt double drop tine off it 2 yrs ago..I grew up in the Ada area and my Dad is from the Wewoka area..So that part of the state is my old stompin grounds..Meat hope you have good luck this season and yeah would always like a visit and a cold diet coke..
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Just a note to say hunted tuesday thru saturday..shot 2 does 1 was 87lb and the other alil bigger tipping the scales at 92lbs..with meat in the locker its time to concentrate on the big 1's...also friday evening at 6:12pm shot my first boar..didnt weigh him but he was a beauty..sorry no pictures and its my fault..took pictures of them all but my phone didnt save em for some reason..time for a new phone I guess..saw 3 small bucks but nuttin I would want to shoot..1 wide and tall 6 pt, 1 small 7 pt and had him close the same 1 my gr'daughter could of shot, and a small rack but big bodied 8pt..Have so many acorns on the ground its gonna be hard to pattern those big ole boys this early. So its back to work til Thursday and then back in the woods..Ranger
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff