Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can ice up be far away?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Can ice up be far away?

We've had lows at or below freezing for several days and a predicted low of 20 for this Saturday. Won't be long, now (well, realistically, January for us).
    Personally, I'd rather ice fish than sit in a boat when it's 40 degrees since I stay drier. Anybody else looking forward to hard water? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm looking forward to it, can't come soon enough. Our lows are below freezing too, will be for the next week or so. Bring it on!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Ice,Ice,Baby bring it on :D :D :D
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have broke ice to get out to the main river but it is very seldom. I knew there was a reason I didn't go back to Ohio when I retired from the Navy.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE frozen lakes!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southern IN lakes don't freeze that often

I never have really ice fished as the lakes don't freeze that thick down here or if they do it does not last very long. It's been years since I was out on a lake when it was frozen enough to get out on it. But back when that happened I was too busy ice skating and playing ice hockey to think about fishing much. One needs special equipment to ice fish and it's not worth the effort to buy all the stuff needed for only one or two days ever 10 years.

Now if I lived up North like some of you guys then I would get into ice fishing more. But right now the lakes are still only down to 60 deg F at the Surface and it's really going to have to get cold to make that water cold enough to freeze. By that time I may be back into Duck hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    I HATE frozen lakes!!!!!
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default moose

Ice hockey, is my favorite of the 4 major sports. Hands down
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.