Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UV and Regular Light and what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Default UV and Regular Light and what happens.

I posted this on the Jig Board, but thought I would also share it with you here that don't visit the jig board. This can work on lots of bait, soft plastic included. I have the stuff to do it when I am painting, or after the fact on jig head and even for soft plastics. Maybe later I will do some soft plastics to show you fans of soft plastics if you want. Just know UV and Fluorescent colors show up different to fish as they can see UV when're we can not unless we use a Black Light.

Okay have had a lot of questions about why I take some pictures using a black light so thought I would show what got me started doing this even though mostly lately I have been showing the Flo colors under a black light let me show a simple jig head that I coated with UV after I had it painted and cured. I can do it at the same time too, but this one was one I painted it on after the fact. One other little thing got me to try it like this was when I put the UV on during the painting the only color that really changed in regular light was silver so I wanted to try the paint on after and it worked better for silver.

Skip
    Here is the jig head under my regular light in my tying room, but has UV on it now and we just can't see it.

Then under a Black Light even we can see it.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Barlows Tackle has a spray called UV blast. Always wondered if it really works.

Post Thanks / Like

The spray is not a permanent coating and I don't use it. There are several other ways to use this that are permanent. There is a dip for soft plastic and another for painting on that is also permanent and paint that is also.

Not sure I would use the spray.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I use spikeit uv enhancer for my soft plastics. I am able to cook it in to my plastic. stuff really works good.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post Skip, Thanks.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the CS UV Blast Worm dip in clear and colored and the UV lure blast which is like a clear enamel paint that you can dip or paint on jig heads and lures...I just started using it and really like it!

Post Thanks / Like

I Have the worm Dip for soft plastics, some powder to use when I powder paint if I want and also some liquid I can brush on after or even on a hard bait like a crank bait or what ever. I have a good many little bottles go that.

Thanks guys and glad you like this Blackhawk19. I figured I should share some info I have been reading about for several years now. I just think visibility can be important, not saying the fish will bite, but at least they will see it and then can bite or not. I just think being seen may help to get a bite at times.

Fluorescent colors are also very important and may be part of the reason Chartreuse does so well since it's Fluorescent too.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Many insects and some animals can see in parts of the known spectrum of light that humans can`t. The Sidewinder rattlesnake and several other snakes can "see" thermal energy (heat); owls can "see" partially into ultra violet as can deer, to a lesser extent. Ultra violet wave lenghts penetrate far deeper into a water column than "visible" light, and it makes sense that some fish have evolved to take advantage of this...

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a UV dip that one could just dip their lead head jigs and let it dry, similar to like dipping tool handles?
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baitman View Post
    I use spikeit uv enhancer for my soft plastics. I am able to cook it in to my plastic. stuff really works good.
    Maybe why they are all so pretty looking..............Thumbs Up
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast