Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad Weather Today!

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Weather Today!

going to get rough in our neck of the woods today. From Memphis to Huntsville, Nashville, and Birmingham is in the bad zone. There are already some bad supercell storms blowing up and all the weather forcast are calling for severe tornadoes. Right now woul dbe a good time to be on the water. I bet with the pressure changes, fish are going crazy.

The school I teach is getting out at 12:30. We do not want to have kids in the building with tornado warnings. It happened a couple years ago right before we got out at the end of the day. What a mess that was. By law, we are supposed to keep the kids in the building when a warning is going on. We had parents outside the building trying to get to their kids with administrators trying to keep the kids in safe areas and what not. It was crazy. Since then, when days come along like this, we let them go before it gets here so that never happens again.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

A great time to fish but also equally dangerous. Be very careful if you hit the water this afternoon. A weather band radio could be a life saver.

Post Thanks / Like

I watching the news now...TN got HAMMERED!!!!!!!! I sure hope there wasn't more than 2 killed!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Waters
    going to get rough in our neck of the woods today. From Memphis to Huntsville, Nashville, and Birmingham is in the bad zone. There are already some bad supercell storms blowing up and all the weather forcast are calling for severe tornadoes. Right now woul dbe a good time to be on the water. I bet with the pressure changes, fish are going crazy.

The school I teach is getting out at 12:30. We do not want to have kids in the building with tornado warnings. It happened a couple years ago right before we got out at the end of the day. What a mess that was. By law, we are supposed to keep the kids in the building when a warning is going on. We had parents outside the building trying to get to their kids with administrators trying to keep the kids in safe areas and what not. It was crazy. Since then, when days come along like this, we let them go before it gets here so that never happens again.
    Been thru the same crap here Dav. The school is really safer than most homes, but u can't fight the parents. No win here...I let my kids go about 11:30 this morning.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Same here in Jackson, TN. We let the kids go at 12:30. The parents had such a fit a couple of months ago that the school board just gave in and now when it gets bad they let them out. No big deal really because we don't use our days for snow much any more. Good to hear there are a few teachers on the board.

I'm going fishing on the Tenn. River in the morning but I don't know what to expect. The weather has not cooperated for us weekend fishermen.

Good luck, if you hit the water tomm.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all you guys in West TN weather the storm okay. The mountains took some of the bite out of them before they got over in East TN. We are all okay over here just alot of water on the ground this morning.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!