Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider rigging time savers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging time savers?

Its an original question at least. hahahaha If Im quick it takes me about 1 or 2 minutes to set up a pole times that by 8. So I have 8 - 16 minutes of set up time. Which I feel is too slow and it divides the attention that I should be focusing on those poles in the water already. I already pre-tie my rigs in case of break offs. I color code my poles so each one goes in to the right place. And I wind my line so I dont have my poles getting tangled ie like in this vid bellow around 2:20. Any other suggestions other than a partner?

Crappie Masters - Video - Slow Trolling With Bill Braswell
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never timed myself but Sounds like your doing good to me! The best thing for me is placement, and keeping everything organized and remember the more you do it the faster you get! Always watch others to learn new ways and techniques of doing things......when you get narrow minded and hard headed you quit learning! Lol.
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

You're doing better then me!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Pre make some and store them on a roll. That way you just pull one off at a time and tie it to the line on the rod and your good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

8-16 minutes is good? I guess I need a partner to speed it up. It detours me from running and gunning and changing spots.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

we store our rigs on a foot long piece of foam swimmin noodle. so u can poke the hooks in it. n wrap a rubber band around it. but as rods go. i hook my bottom hook on an eyelet on the top section of my rod.(so you can break em down while traveling to and from the lake) n wrap the weight n top hook around the pole so they aint hanging. and if im just changing spots i just leav em like that. but at the end of the day i wrap bread ties around the weight and top hook so it wont unravel. and yes. the more times you do it. the faster you get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhill10 View Post
    we store our rigs on a foot long piece of foam swimmin noodle. so u can poke the hooks in it. n wrap a rubber band around it. but as rods go. i hook my bottom hook on an eyelet on the top section of my rod.(so you can break em down while traveling to and from the lake) n wrap the weight n top hook around the pole so they aint hanging. and if im just changing spots i just leav em like that. but at the end of the day i wrap bread ties around the weight and top hook so it wont unravel. and yes. the more times you do it. the faster you get.
    Try ponytail holders to wrap the weight,Wont dry up like rubber bands

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

thats a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Another good one is the velcro type ties that you can get at Menards or Lowes. Come in packs and in various lengths. Wrap around the poles like Jhill10 and pull off quick. Also the color comes in handy. Here's a link: Shop VELCRO 5-Pack 8"L x 1/2"W Assorted Straps at Lowes.com=
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Try ponytail holders to wrap the weight,Wont dry up like rubber bands

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.