Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Button Topic!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Button Topic!

Time to stir the pot a bit...We need a real hot button topic to talk about to get our juices flowing and get ready for Fall fishing.. lets see... size limits? Creel limits? Spider Rigging vs Non-Spider Rigging?... Minnows vs. Jigs... Green lights.. vs White lights? Woah..
    for me?
    Spider rigging
    minnows and jigs.. don't care what ever catches fish
    I'd like to see a 12" limit but keep all you want - State Wide (just easier to keep track )
    currently use green lights

Post Thanks / Like

For me....... Learn how to catch them however I can! haha

Post Thanks / Like

What I would like to see is a 20 fish limit with 10 being 12'' or more and the other 10 any size you want. That way when you gut hook an 8'' fish you don't have to waste it.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

10" limit keep all you want

Post Thanks / Like

Well, since the theme is "Hot Button Topic" I'll ask two questions. What is the effectiveness of a size limit in lakes that are over populated and also lakes where competition is high for the same niche with white perch?

Third question, what if you have both?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for growing larger fish and don't mind working a bit to do that. I'm just for accurate management of things of this nature. I've worked in the hunting industry for about 20 years and see the same with "Trophy" management of deer. If limiting the consumptive user group of a resource is the right thing to do I support it but when other variables have a primary influence I can't. At that point it just becomes "Feel good" management to appease the masses and in the end produces nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd just like to see a game warden at the ramps actually checking livewells as people pull out, even with size and creel limits we all know there are a lot of fish leaving the lakes undersize, that would help as much as anything imho

Post Thanks / Like

x2 quikcarl61 this would make a big difference.Plus I like Nat's in a way,but any crappie under 8" should not be taken.Eagles,osprey and under water things will take care of dead fish as food.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    I'd just like to see a game warden at the ramps actually checking livewells as people pull out, even with size and creel limits we all know there are a lot of fish leaving the lakes undersize, that would help as much as anything imho
    l I have mentioned this many times on other threads. All I
    get back is not enough in the budget or not enough officers etc etc. It's been like this for as long as I can remember and when the economy was still pretty
    good. We definitely need enforcement!!
    Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day…make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

ok here's mine! gw's checking all the bank fisherman using nets as poles!!!!!
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am definately in favor of 12'' rule as my personal size limit is 12'' anyway. A 10'' fish tastes pretty good but there just aint much of him and 12'' fish are plentiful. Don't know if they have it or not but I would like to see 1 fishing license cover both freshwater and saltwater.
    ENOMAN:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast