Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New guide service, "Muskie Killers of Vermilion Guiding Service'

Post Thanks / Like

Default New guide service, "Muskie Killers of Vermilion Guiding Service'

We were out fall crappie fishing on Lake Vermilion in northern Mn. We had been on a school of 10-12 in. fish. Picture 5 guys in 2 boats. @ approx the same time, a guy in ea. boat hooked up on a large muskie. Each muskie had a 12" fish sideways in it's mouth. Each fish finally did give up and the crappies did get landed but were very mauled up.
    Tennessee...........Tennessee.......they ain't no place I'd rather be...........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Muskies

My sister-in-law and her husband have a cabin on South Long Lake near Brainerd, MN. The DNR was wanting to stock the lake with Muskies, the way they were justifying it was the muskies will improve the size of the other fish as they will eat the smaller fish and only the larger will survive. BUT my question is do they differentiate between the young and older fish when they choose what they are eating???

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anderhill View Post
    My sister-in-law and her husband have a cabin on South Long Lake near Brainerd, MN. The DNR was wanting to stock the lake with Muskies, the way they were justifying it was the muskies will improve the size of the other fish as they will eat the smaller fish and only the larger will survive. BUT my question is do they differentiate between the young and older fish when they choose what they are eating???
    Ahhhhhh, no Rofl ... they don't differentiate size or species Doh
    Like any predator fish, that eats other fish, they do have their "preferences" as to what they like to eat. But, as with most other predator fish, they are opportunistic feeders, and as such will attempt to eat any fish that ventures into their feeding range.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Muskies

I was trying to be funny.....

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anderhill View Post
    I was trying to be funny.....
    yeah, I know Thumbs Up (just putting that info out for anyone with that same question, only seriously wanting to know .... I figgerd you Minn boys would know all about them toothy critters )

... cp

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeJed View Post
    We were out fall crappie fishing on Lake Vermilion in northern Mn. We had been on a school of 10-12 in. fish. Picture 5 guys in 2 boats. @ approx the same time, a guy in ea. boat hooked up on a large muskie. Each muskie had a 12" fish sideways in it's mouth. Each fish finally did give up and the crappies did get landed but were very mauled up.
    I can picture that!!Doh LOL. We have had it happen while bream fishing and largemouth bass hit the bream while reeling them in. One time we netted the bass but the bream was gone I would rather had the bream...
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4