Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shenango today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenango today

I've been fishing the lake whenever I can get a chance, weather permitting. Today was the first day that the larger fish ere hitting if you could call that. Lake was smooth as glass and it didn't help the fishing much. Water is stained. Caught 7 keepers over 10 inches and loss 4 more of the same size. You had to throw out and SLOWLY reel it back in. Fish were 6-9 feet down. All caught on minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

sparkie51,
    Can you tell me what the water temp was at Shenango? I fished Wilhelm a week ago and the temp was 41-42 on the main part of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

and from any of you old pros, what is a good lake temp. to start seriously chasing the crappie?

I've been fishing a 37 degree lake using bucktail jigs along the bottom for perch and small mouth. I'd rather be closer to home after crappie.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish for them year round but, for this time of year 50degrees is your target temp.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Zeke; the temp is 45 degrees. The lake level is 894 above sea level. If you need the number for the recorded daily message it's 724-962-4384, they update it around 8 Am everyday.

kayaker; the best time for the crappies are when the Dog Woods bloom. 55 or higher will put the fish in the take home full buckets mood. Remember crappies usually spawn in temps in mid 60's. We should do real good after this next warming spell next week, 60's and 70's. we have to get away from these 20 and 30 degree nights:rolleyes: .