Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lumberyard Accomodations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lumberyard Accomodations

There has been alot of interest from both GA and FL boards planning to fish with us this year which is a great thing!!!...I am hoping that most everyone has made their reservations by now. I just got off the phone with Lake Talquin Lodge and they only have 2 motel rooms for the night of Nov 4 and maybe 1 cabin left for the night of Nov 5....It looks like Crappie.com is taking over the place for that weekend!!....I know that some people have not made reservations yet because they are not 100% sure that they will be able to make it...But for the ones that have made reservations, if you have to cancel for any reason, please post it on here so Crappie.com com members know it before someone else grabs it. There are other accomodations close by, but it would be nice for everyone to all be staying in the same place.......Thx!!!

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from 5 days at Talquin...There was a couple of cancellations for the weekend of Nov 5, so there are still a few cabins/rooms available. The weather was tough with all the wind but we still mananged to catch a good mess of fish...I don't remember an October where we caught this many "Good" fish...It's shaping up to be a good Fall at Talquin!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiousity and possibly to get me dreaming of big specks....how big were your biggest fish? I am going next weekend with my father (our first Talquin trip) and wanted to get him excited about the fishing. Also, what are the popular jig colors for that lake?

Thanks!
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't weigh any of them, but I am guessing the biggest was 1 1/2+ lbs....I saw several big fish caught the past 2 weekends and plenty that are in the 1 to 1 1/4 range....Cooler nights are in the forecast for later this week and that just may turn them bigger ones on quick.

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, over the last few days, you could keep a culled limit of 25 that would all weigh between 1.25 and 1.75 lbs..........course all that changes when the fish move.............have to find them again. My best color was bubblegum and acid rain and naturally litewirehooks (chartruse and Blaze orange).
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm writing your number down lightwirehooker. My father already booked a guide (behind my back), but we are more than willing to tip the folks who work hard to find the fish. Also, do you guys think all that rain will negatively affect the fishing for next week?

Thanks again,

Luke
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."