Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kentucky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake

Will be coming down to Jonathan Creek week after next. Do you think the crappie will be moved up to the banks by then?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a towboat pilot and I'm home on my days off so I've been fish'n just about everyday. The Blacks are really starting to push, the ones I'm catching are about to bust. I think that this cold front that's coming thru this weekend will hold'um off for a few more days though. The whites should be doing their thing by the time you get here. If we get some real warm days you might be on the tail end of it though. Good luck!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Im from Cincinnati and I go to herrington everyyear. Can anyone give me any tips on where to catch large mouths and stripers in early june??

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How long has it been ..

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Im from Cincinnati and I go to herrington everyyear. Can anyone give me any tips on where to catch large mouths and stripers in early june??

since you were last at Herrington Lake There hasn't been any Stripers in that lake for close to 20yrs :D

Now ... if you want to fish for Bass, in early June .... Try crankbaits on the "stairstep" type banks. Probably better do it from crack of day til the wavemakers come out in force. Late evening Buzzbaits/Crankbaits back in the creeks ..... or plastic worm/craws (texas rigged) at night, work too !! Crankbaits along the main lake banks, at night, can also produce.

There are White Bass & Hybrid Stripers in Herrington ... but I don't fish for them, there, any more. White Bass can be caught on deep banks/cliff walls, under lights, with minnows at night ..... Hybrids are usually caught at night, around docks with big "halogen" type lights hanging off them. Most people throw deep diving cranks thru the lighted water. Just make sure there's a large school of Shad circling under the light (and they aren't any bigger than 4 inches long).

Last time I was on Herrington, was mid June of last year. We fished from dark til about 2AM .... plastic worms/craws on main lake banks produced about 5-6 Bass (1-3lb variety). Deep diving cranks produced about 4 Bass in the 3-4lb range (and one Catfish in the 6lb range :rolleyes: ). Most fish came from the 12-15ft depths (smaller fish were shallower and on the banks - larger fish were out from the bank and suspended in the 12-15ft range. Craw colors used were - (4") green/orange claws ... pumpkinseed/red claws --- worm colors were (6") pumpkinseed, watermelonseed/red tail, black/red tail --- cranks were Luhr Jensen Hot Lips ... red, craw, bluegill. (other notable cranks to consider ... Baby Bass colored Wiggle Wart -- Firetiger 6A Bomber Model A) ........ luck2ya .... cp