Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: St. Johns/Beresford

Post Thanks / Like

Default St. Johns/Beresford

Sunday report. Picked the wrong day to try trolling. Started at Beresford 6:30 to 7:30 8 fish one keeper....wind wind wind Went to the river trolled up another 6 no keepers. Then back to jiging wood 13 kept 6. water temp 85.6 the river was 6" to 12" higher than Saturday slower current. Yellow/chartreuse jigs work best today......

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried trolling in Beresford. Wish the ramp at Highland Park fish Camp was better. I would like to try that Norriss Dead River and Woodruff area. I have fished some from Deleon Springs Park and did well in the spring spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice I am going to try tomorrow
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

got a report that woody was hot..........................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappieday View Post
    got a report that woody was hot..........................
    From the news journal on Friday
    St. Johns River

Capt. Rick Rawlins at Highland Park Fish Camp in DeLand said the speckled perch bite is still strong, but the best method now is vertical jigging in the weeds. Not many limits are coming in, but anglers are getting 20 to 30 a day. "The best I saw this week was 36," Rawlins said. Bluegill and bass are also still biting strong. Rawlins said anglers are getting limits on bass, and he has seen a few bass weighing more than 5 pounds

And the week prior
    St. Johns River

Capt. Rick Rawlins at Highland Park Fish Camp said the speckled perch bite is running strong with Capt. Tommy Hodges putting some anglers onto 41. Rawlins said they're getting lots of catches in the 30s. Bass are providing steady action on artificials and shiners, and bluegill are still biting strong. Lake Woodruff is active

I think we been fishing the wrong end of the river. Might be invading your turf this weekend Poleposition.

Post Thanks / Like

LETS GO! Pack rainsuits though!! Been working super hard on gettin my Flounder boat / lights set up and may need a break from it.
    Does Capt Rawlins have an online publication? If so could I have the link? It would be nice to see whats up in the Central area.
    BTW we slipped out after work last week ,fished the ICW edge at low tide and picked up 2 slot reds on pin-fish just before dark. We needed that!

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing - The Daytona Beach News-Journal

Be forwarned though, if ya launch at Highland Park Fish Camp be very CAREFULL, that ramp is horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Going up near George Saturday. Found some good wood last year and I think it needs to get hit this weekend..... If the rain holds off. With the report of good fishing on Woodruff the river north should be good also, I hope. Will give a report when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya might hit up Skeetbum up on the Tennessee board, he used to live down here and fished the Astor area alot and might be able to give a couple added stops to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the link HS !