Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Footballs :)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Footballs :)

Got up this morning planning on going to Melvern. Radar didn't look good south so I headed north to Banner.

Haven't been crappie fishing much at all this year so didn't know where to even start, so I picked up a bass rod to after launching. After a little of that started hitting some piles. Picked up a few decent fish and quite a few smaller one's.

Hate to say this but by accident after catching one and getting it to the livewell I drifted up to some shallower water and caught a big ole Banner football on the 2nd rod still in the water. That wasn't a loner fish. Found them big fish stacked up in that 8-10' range and ended up with 20 solid 10" or bigger fish with the biggest 13.5. All caught on jigs.

Then went back to my bad green carp habit. Great day on the water when the conditions kept everyone home. Only 3 other boats on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report wtg

Post Thanks / Like

wtg, sometimes luck helps in finding fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going Chadku, love that lake but crappie size seemed to lack last fall and this spring, but you showed there are obviously some good keepers in there. Out of town for another week then hope to hit it soon, fall is often good on that lake with little to no fishing pressure after Labor Day on week days. I also like to jig slabs on some of the points and humps in there for walleye in the fall, never ever seen anyone else spooning there and in the fall often times that is the only way I can get them to bite in there (also pick up footballs). 2 yrs ago in early october I spooned up my biggest walleye ever at 8 1/2 lbs and 28 in.
    Last edited by steveinsene; 09-18-2011 at 11:32 PM.