Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing Little Lake Harris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Fishing Little Lake Harris

Spec tater and I Put the barge in at Hickory Point Friday Sept. 16, 2011 at about 6:15 PM. Wanted to get an early start and get everything set up before dark set in.
    No one else set up for night fishing, so we had it all to our selves.
    Weather man indicated that the east and west coast sea breezes would collide over Lake County early in the evening with some scattered storms.
    The sea breezes were welcome as they kept the mosquitoes mostly at bay.
    Was located over 15 FOW. had the floating and submersible lights out. Two white floating and three green submersible about three feet deep.
    Was not sure if there were any fish to be caught as the fish finder did not indicate any in the area.
    Started fishing with minners at about 6 to 7 foot deep. NO BITES. Moved the depth stop down to 156 inches (13 feet) as that is where a camera indicated that there was a lot of bait fish below the barge. Bite did not start until 9:15 PM. A few long nose gar, Florida gar and needle fish kept tearing up our minners. Finally the crappie started to show up. By the end of the expedition (12:30AM) the last fish on was a long nose gar that measured 47 inches was brought onboard by Spec tater.
    We each took home a total of 4 crappie.
    The highlight of the evening was when we were preoccupied looking at the depth finder, I glanced out and found my bobber laying flat on the water, indicating that something came up and took the bait. Got up and reeled in to find a medium crappie on my line. When I went to remove my hook, I noticed another line wrapped around the fish. Checking further there was a hook deep in to the gullet. That was one hungry crappie, as it took Spec taters minner then went after mine. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    When I filleted my crappie I found only one to have any egg sac and it was very small.
    Guess that we will just have to keep checking to see when the crappie will start to congregate in the good night fishing areas.
    Checked the depth finder to see what the water temp was, and I found out the last time that I updated the software, I forgot to set the water temp to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic report and a great fish tale. It's too crazy not to be the truth. Get ready! This next week will produce some good reports all over. I'm feelin' it!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

I am kinda glad that I did not come out there Friday was gonna come followed my mind. thanks for report
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

think , i will dunk my crappiemama back in the water this week and scout around with the new hds7 have a hard time fishing for watching the picture show lol