Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Starting a new style of night time trolling (some underwater video)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting a new style of night time trolling (some underwater video)

Also trying different ways to watch what's going on underwater from a fish's perspective and it can be pretty telling. It's starting to cool off here enough to fish again at least.

Crappie boat.wmv - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Thats really cool cant wait to see some more!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What is new about it?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Where we are placing the underwater lights while trolling. Still working it all out but having some exiting results. Wish the water would cool off soon so our minnows would stop dying within the first minute of being on the hook, but going into 88 degree water is hard on them.

Post Thanks / Like

88 is normal for me for over half the year and aint that bad. cool your minnows in your well to be about 10 degrees or less than surface of lake, pond, river. and YOU must get them to where the oxygen level supports life in the body of water your fishing. Thermoclines are something you might want to read into. Good luck.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Cholla Jigs View Post
    Where we are placing the underwater lights while trolling. Still working it all out but having some exiting results. Wish the water would cool off soon so our minnows would stop dying within the first minute of being on the hook, but going into 88 degree water is hard on them.
    Hope you have good luck. Trolling at night can be hit or miss. I have set the lights out and let the bait start to come in then started trolling working the channel edges. The bait fish will follow the lights and with your bait away from the boat you have a good chance of catching some nice size crappie before they hit the bait fish. Look forward to seeing some more of your videos later this fall as the water cools down.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4